Sensex extends gains to 4% on day
India's main stock market index rose more than 4 per cent on Thursday, led by index heavyweight Reliance Industries and bolstered by a rally in the global markets after fears of a US recession eased.
By 12:01 pm, the 30-share BSE index was up 4.05 per cent, or 686 points, at 17,635.09, with all but one of its components gaining.
The broader 50-issue NSE index was up 4.13 per cent at 5,133.05.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sensex falls 440 pts to end at 50,405; Nifty ends session in red at 14,938 points
- Companies like Amazon's Prime Video and Netflix are inspecting planned shows and scripts, with some even deleting scenes that could be controversial, five Bollywood directors and producers, and two industry sources said.
- Income tax officials have also seized ₹3 crore cash during raids on two groups of civil contractors in Tamil Nadu
- At a time when petrol and diesel prices are at an all-time high, and taxes have a bigger component in the retail price than the base price of the fuels, it is worth revisiting the debate
- The ECIR is reportedly based on an FIR filed by the Chennai police under Section 420 of the IPC on the basis of a complaint by the Chennai Financial Markets and Accountability (CFMA), an organisation that fights for investors’ rights.
- Shipments in the December quarter grew at a higher rate of 198% annually with 15.2 million units.
- The companies are also opting for large boxes for storage, with around 400,000-plus sq. ft being the average demand.
- The latest acquisition is Delaporte’s boldest move to spur growth after the company ceded its position as India’s third-largest software services provider to HCL Technologies Ltd.
- The Bengaluru-based online retailer has been weighing a US initial public offering and it’s now also looking at other options, the people said.
- While the base price of petrol is ₹33.26 per litre, it attracts ₹32.90 a litre central excise and ₹21.04 per litre local levies in Delhi.