Fire in hosiery factory: goods worth lakhs gutted
Goods and machinery worth lakhs were gutted when fire broke out in a hosiery factory at Milap Nagar in Ambala City on Saturday afternoon.chandigarh Updated: Oct 04, 2014 23:54 IST
Goods and machinery worth lakhs were gutted when fire broke out in a hosiery factory at Milap Nagar in Ambala City on Saturday afternoon.
As many as four fire tenders worked for over three hours to bring the blaze under control. However, the fire was still smouldering till the time of filing of the story.
Baba Balak Nath Hosiery and Vinay International owner Umang Kapoor said the exact loss was being calculated which may be in crores.
He said that he was outside the factory when the fire broke out during lunch hours. Workers said they noticed the smoke coming out of the factory that soon turned into an inferno, as huge quantity of synthetic and inflammable material was stored in the factory.
Workers said as soon as the fire brigade was informed, fire tenders reached the spot in quick succession. Officials said the exact cause of fire could be known after the enquiry.
First Published: Oct 04, 2014 23:44 IST