From TV actress to Pollywood diva, happy birthday Neeru Bajwa
As Punjabi actor Neeru Bajwa celebrates her birthday on Wednesday, HT goes down memory lane to trace her journey to success.Updated: Apr 13, 2017 09:24 IST
As Punjabi actor Neeru Bajwa celebrates her birthday on Wednesday, HT goes down memory lane to trace her journey to success.
Here are a few interesting nuggets on Neeru:
1. Neeru Bajwa started her career in 1998 with the movie 'Main Solah Baras Ki' starring Dev Anand.
A still from the movie 'Main Solah Baras Ki' (courtesy-You Tube)
2. She worked in TV shows 'Hari Mirchi Lal Mirchi', 'Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani', 'Jeet' and 'CID'.
A still from the TV show ''Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani' (courtesy-You Tube)
3. In 2002, Neeru appeared in a Punjabi song 'Kainthey Wala' by Kamal Heer which went on to become a runaway hit. This was the turning point in her career.
4. Despite other songs, she was also seen in Atif Aslam's famous number 'Hum kis gali ja rahe hain'.
5. In 2010, Neeru was signed for Bollywood movie 'Prince' opposite Vivek Oberoi followed by movies 'Phoonk 2', 'Miley Naa Miley Hum' and 'Special Chabbis'.
A still from the movie 'Prince' (courtesy-You Tube)
6. She worked opposite singer-actor Harbhajan Mann in movies such as 'Asa Nu Maan Watna Da' and 'Heer Ranjha'.
Harbhajan Mann and Neeru Bajwa in the movie ''Asa Nu Maan Watna Da' (courtesy-You Tube)
7. However, she became a Pollywood star through her movies 'Jatt and Juliet' opposite Diljit Dosanjh which was released in 2012, followed by 'Jihne Mera Dil Luteya' opposite Diljit Dosanjh and Gippy Grewal and 'Mel Karade Rabba' opposite jimmy Shergill.
7. After the success of these movies, 'Jatt and Juliet 2' broke all the records of Punjabi cinema.
Poster of Jatt & Juliet 2 (cortesy-Facebook)
8. Recently, she appeared as a stunning ghost in Diljit Dosanjh and Mandy Takhar starrer 'Sardarji' which was liked by many.
First Published: Aug 26, 2015 16:07 IST