Allahabad HC seeks details of phase-wise vaccination programme for UP
- The high court had earlier directed the state and the Central governments to place before it a definite date and the intended programme detailing when and how the vaccination against Covid-19 would be done in UP.
The Allahabad high court has directed the state and the Central government to provide a detailed, phase-wise, Covid-19 vaccination programme planned for Uttar Pradesh by the next date of hearing on January 22.
The court passed the order when the time table provided for vaccination by the principal secretary of the health department of Uttar Pradesh only indicated that the vaccination drive would commence from January 16 without mentioning when the first phase would get over and the second phase begin. Further, the counsel for the Central government did not place any vaccination programme schedule before the court.
The bench comprising justice Siddhartha Varma and justice Ajit Kumar passed the order in a suo motu PIL on the spread of Covid-19 in the state.
During the course of hearing, the state government placed the new guidelines to contain the spread of the virus during Magh Mela in the mela area and the city of Prayagraj before the court.
The court said it hoped and trusted that the guidelines placed before it will be adhered to religiously.
During the last hearing, the court had directed the state and the Central governments to place before it a definite date and the intended programme detailing when and how the vaccination against Covid-19 would be done in UP.
Health workers are to be vaccinated in the first phase of the drive starting January 16 in the state.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The order to lift the ban was issued after chief minister Yogi Adityanath approved a proposal to this effect on Monday, sources said.
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.
- The quick acceptance of his application for voluntary retirement has started a buzz in the BJP circles that Sharma may be sent to the Legislative Council in Uttar Pradesh.
- While currently nine domestic flights operate from Gorakhpur to all major cities of the country, an international flight from the newly-constructed Kushinagar airport will also commence soon, said the CM