UP sounds alert after Covid surge in other states, to monitor visitors
- State government to issue advisory for visitors from states witnessing a spike in Covid cases.
Sounding an alert due to rising Covid-19 cases in states such Maharashtra, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Punjab, Haryana and Kerala, Uttar Pradesh will issue guidelines for visitors to UP from these states, said a top health department official on Sunday.
Health and family welfare department reviewed the situation following the spike in Covid cases in many states, including Haryana, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh, who share borders with UP, said officials.
An advisory for mandatory testing and quarantine for passengers coming from red zones is likely to be issued.
Though Covid cases have declined in Uttar Pradesh, situation in all districts is being monitored, particularly those bordering other states. The state government is carrying out over 1.25 lakh sample tests daily along with contact tracing and surveillance work in all districts, said DS Negi, director general, health.
States witnessing a surge in Covid cases have been instructed by the Centre to increase sample tests, do comprehensive surveillance and implement stringent containment curbs to check the spread of the virus.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Chaudhary claimed when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the chief minister of Gujarat in 2011, he had written a letter to then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, demanding a law to guarantee minimum support price (MSP) to the farmers.
- UP chief secretary RK Tiwari also pointed out to the Australian envoy that UP has already established six nodes under the Defence Corridor for encouraging setting up of defence manufacturing industry.
- UP State Electricity Consumer Council has opposed the corporation's proposal, arguing that the demand for change in slabs was an attempt to hike tariff through the backdoor.
- The accident took place at 68 Milestone within limits of Naujheel police station of Mathura district, said a police officer.
- Aparna Purohit was at Lucknow's Hazratganj police station for nearly four hours to record her statement in connection with the FIR over Amazon Prime Video's web series 'Tandav'.
- The proposal for naming the airport as Maryada Purushottam Shriram Airport would be sent to the Union government that would take a final decision
- Uttar Pradesh now has three international airports – Lucknow, Varanasi and Kushinagar.