Ben Stokes arrives in India, enters quarantine
England's star all-rounder Ben Stokes has arrived in Chennai and is undergoing quarantine at a city hotel ahead of the upcoming four-match Test series against India.
The big-ticket series starts here on February 5 and the team's training is scheduled to commence from February 2.
Hero of the 2019 World Cup final, Stokes landed in the country along with players who were not part of the England Test squad in Sri Lanka, where they completed a 2-0 sweep on Monday.
"Day 1 quarantine, I have done a fair bit of quarantine, have to try to make my bed every day, not the best job, but have to do it. So that's basically me for the next five days," Stokes posted in one of his Instagram stories.
The 29-year-old Stokes shared a series of Instagram stories, describing his plan of action for the next five days.
The rest of the England players, currently in Sri Lanka, are expected to land in the city on Wednesday.
The four-match rubber assumes added significance keeping in the mind the World Test Championship.
India, who are currently heading the table, will look to maintain their pole position while England, placed fourth at the moment, will hope to move up and inch towards a place in the WTC final.
England's two-Test series in Sri Lanka ended on Monday with the visitors winning the second Test to sweep the series.This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India vs England: He upped the ante on home turf as the third Test was played in Ahmedabad, which was also a pink ball Test. Axar was in terrific form as he ended with figures of 6/38 and 5/32 to become the first bowler to pick 11 wickets in a pink ball Test.
- While Rahane said he didn't know about what Steyn had said, he opined that IPL has given a big platform to cricketers over the years.
- Ahead of the fourth and final Test, which starts Thursday, Kohli was once again asked the reason behind Kuldeep's ouster from the D/N Test.
- India vs England: Virat Kohli cited the example of India's tour of New Zealand in early 2020, where they were blanked 0-2, with both Tests finishing inside three days, mentioning that all people could talk about back then was the performance by the batsmen and not the pitch.
- India vs England: Pacer Jasprit Bumrah will not play the fourth Test against England due to personal reasons forcing Virat Kohli to make a forced change in Ahmedabad. Here is India's predicted XI for the fourth Test match against England.
- Check out live score and updates from the third T20I between New Zealand and Australia in Wellington
- Santner has been ruled out of Wednesday's clash after "waking up this morning with a head-cold".
- Punjab Kings will be the Australia all-rounder's fifth IPL team after KKR, DC, SRH and RCB.