Fit again Chris Morris to be back for Titans vs Lions in Ram Slam T20 Challenge
South Africa cricketer Chris Morris is all set to hit the grounds once again. The all-rounder due to play for Titans in their game against Lions at the Ram Slam T20 Challenge in Johannesburg this week.
Morris was out of action since July this year, when he injured himself during South Africa cricket team’s Test series against England. The 30-year-old will make a comeback on Wednesday for his side who has been performing pretty well otherwise. Having played six games so far, the Titans are on top of the pile with four wins and 23 points in the kitty.
However, there will be a lot at stake for Morris who will have to prove his match fitness before the Proteas start their international fixtures later next month. South Africa is set to take on Zimbabwe in a four-day Boxing day Test before hosting India for three Tests, six ODIs and three T20s.
According to Eyewitness News, Titans coach Mark Boucher has decided to rest a number of key players for their upcoming game, including the likes of Dale Steyn, Quinton de Kock and Aiden Markram.
The news would have surely lightened the situation in the opposition camp, who sit fourth on the table and will look to make up for their loss against Warriors last Saturday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India vs England: Virat Kohli cited the example of India's tour of New Zealand in early 2020, where they were blanked 0-2, with both Tests finishing inside three days, mentioning that all people could talk about back then was the performance by the batsmen and not the pitch.
- India vs England: Pacer Jasprit Bumrah will not play the fourth Test against England due to personal reasons forcing Virat Kohli to make a forced change in Ahmedabad. Here is India's predicted XI for the fourth Test match against England.
- Santner has been ruled out of Wednesday's clash after "waking up this morning with a head-cold".
- Punjab Kings will be the Australia all-rounder's fifth IPL team after KKR, DC, SRH and RCB.
- Sanjay Manjrekar has revealed an incident from way back in the year 1990 when the legendary Geoffrey Boycott denied him a Man-of-the-Match award in an ODI against England.
- BCCI would be seeking assurance from the state governments before letting them host IPL matches this year.
- VVS Laxman is excited at the prospect of the batsman getting to play his maiden game for India.
- Warner struggled to sprint on the field like his usual self and appeared in discomfort while batting, scoring 5, 13, 1 and 48.
- Rahane said the pitch for the fourth Test starting in Ahmedabad on Thursday would be similar to the one used in the previous Test.
- India vs England: Hence, when it comes to comparing the two, Bell, one of England's finest players of spin, is aware of the traits that made both Ashwin and Harbhajan stand out.
- Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Kolkata have been earmarked as the five venues.
- India vs England: India vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane has asserted that India have never complained about the wickets when they have toured abroad.
- India vs England: The latest to weigh in on the pitch debate is former Pakistan captain Inzamam-Ul-Haq, who has blatantly expressed that such a wicket is not good for the health of Test cricket.