Hardik Pandya pays tribute to late father with an emotional video
India all-rounder Hardik Pandya on Saturday paid a touching and emotional tribute to his father, who had passed away last week.
The star all-rounder posted a video on Twitter for his 'Dad' expressing the pang in his heart. The video happens to be the collage of all the loving memories of Hardik and his father, right from the all-rounder's childhood to the time when he gifted a car to his dad.
The clip captioned as 'To Dad', also features megastar Amitabh Bachchan who is congratulating Hardik's dad for the glories the 27-year old cricketer has brought to India.
The song "Apne To Apne Hote Hain" from the Bollywood movie 'Apne' in the background of the video shows the deep pain Hardik is going through at the moment.
On January 17, Hardik penned a poem for his dad, saying that he will miss his father's presence each day in his life.
Taking to Twitter the all-rounder wrote, "My daddy as I said to your yesterday Your last one ride. Now rest in peace my king You were a Happy soul! I will miss you everyday dad Love you always."
Meanwhile, Hardik is gearing up for his return into the Test squad. Earlier this month, the all-rounder resumed training for the England series.
Hardik shared the photos on his Twitter account and he captained the post as "New year, same hustle."
The all-rounder was last seen in action in the three-match T20I series between India and Australia on Australian soil.
The Indian selectors led by Chetan Sharma on Tuesday named the squad for the first two Tests against England. Skipper Virat Kohli, Hardik and Ishant Sharma have made their way back into the squad.This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Technology in cricket went from enriching TV viewing to a full-fledged review system, and despite technology updates DRS still will have to live with grey areas
- India vs England: The left-arm spinner made a great start on home turf yet again as he picked up a wicket in his first over again. Dominic Sibley, who has struggled for form after making a good contribution in the first Test fell to Axar again as he played for spin and there was none.
- India vs England: Laxman, one of the best batsmen against spin of all time, explained what England are doing wrong against Axar and how they can play the left-arm spinner better.
- The wicket for the fourth Test looks a lot better a layer of grass.
- India vs England: Former India captain and batting legend Sunil Gavaskar has maintained that the surfaces might have helped spinners but they weren't unplayable.
- Kohli, Pujara and Rahane's batting averages have been their worst ever, or matched their poorest phase, across fairly long careers.
- India vs England: India and England made a total of three changes for the fourth Test of the series.
- Pollard's efforts were recognized well by the cricket fraternity with fans, former cricketers and his IPL franchise Mumbai Indians tweeting in praise of the West Indies all-rounder.
- India vs England Live Cricket Score: England lost their first three wickets after Joe Root elected to bat first. Bairstow and Stokes stitched a partnership before players went out for lunch. Follow all the updates from IND vs ENG fourth Test here.
- One particular spell of R Ashwin is the best Gautam Gambhir has seen any spinner bowl in his life.