Lalit Modi remains defiant, says geared up for a battle
Lalit Modi's expulsion from the BCCI appeared certain after the BCCI referred the charges against him to the disciplinary committee, but the suspended IPL chief today remained defiant, saying that truth will come out and he is geared up for a "battle".Updated: Jul 04, 2010 21:52 IST
Lalit Modi's expulsion from the BCCI appeared certain after the Cricket Board referred the charges against him to the disciplinary committee, but the suspended IPL chief on Sunday remained defiant, saying that truth will come out and he is geared up for a "battle".
BCCI on Saturday took the first step towards Modi's expulsion at a Special General Body Meeting by unanimously ratifying all charges against him and authorising its President Shashank Manohar to initiate civil and criminal proceedings against the suspended IPL chief.
"Battle lines have been drawn. Agenda's fixed. Timelines laid. Let's see who wins and who is guilty of what. Now truth will emerge. Wait watch," Modi tweeted.
Australian spin legend Shane Warne, who captained Rajasthan Royals in the first three IPL seasons, offered words of encouragement to Modi.
"Hey Lalit what's latest, they still into you? Not fair that ... Hope all works out mate.. It's your vision the IPL," Warne said in his tweet.
The BCCI's Special GBM had also referred the charges against Modi to a re-constituted disciplinary committee which now has Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia replacing Manohar, who recused himself after Modi accused him of bias.
The decision to refer the matter to the disciplinary committee is seen as the first step towards ousting Modi from all BCCI positions.
Modi has been slapped with three show cause notices so far accusing him of financial bunglings, trying to start a rebel league in England and irregularities in issuing theatrical rights of the IPL.
Modi's replies, the first one running into a whopping 15,000 pages, were rejected by the BCCI.