No threat to India tour for now: PCB
The Pakistan Cricket Board does not see any immediate threat to the Indian team's tour early next year despite the last-minute cancellation of the Indian junior hockey team's Test series on security grounds.cricket Updated: Nov 11, 2008 20:06 IST
The Pakistan Cricket Board does not see any immediate threat to the Indian team's tour early next year despite the last-minute cancellation of the Indian junior hockey team's Test series in Karachi on security grounds.
"We are in touch with the Indian board and so far their Test tour is on but as per government procedure their tour is still subject to clearance from their government and security officials," a senior official of the board said on Tuesday.
India is due to tour Pakistan from first week of January to play three Tests, five one-day internationals and a twenty20 game and while their board has cleared the itinerary it still has to be approved by the Indian government.
The PCB official said they have already told the BCCI to send their security delegation at any time to inspect the match venues and review the security arrangements for the series.
"We are confident because the security plan we will implement for the Indian tour is the same that the International Cricket Council approved for the Champions Trophy," the official said.
He said the cancellation of the Indian hockey team's tour was unfortunate but both countries dealt on a different level while giving clearance for a cricket series.
"The Indians have come to Pakistan in 2004 and 2006 and also for the Asia Cup this year and they have faced no problems anywhere including the security arrangements for them. That gives us lot of confidence," the official said.
"And we have made it clear to their board if their foreign ministry or home department has any issues with the security we are willing to deal with it and provide them all assurances," he added.
First Published: Nov 11, 2008 19:57 IST