India Lockdown: Prateik Babbar, Sai Tamhankar in Madhur Bhandarkar's next, film to go on floor next week
Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar of Fashion and Chandni Bar fame has announced his next film. Titled India Lockdown, the film will go on the floors from next week.
Taking to Twitter, Madhur wrote: "Film India Lockdown is all set to go on floor next week. Here’s a teaser poster. Give your love. @prateikbabbar @SaieTamhankar @AahanaKumra @shweta_official @ShihabZarin #PrakashBelawadi #IndiaLockdown."
The poster shows a big lock dominating the frame as people from different walks of life struggle with their daily chores - from street vendors to people in high society.
The film is reportedly inspired by true events that occurred during the coronavirus related lockdown. Couple of days back, he had posted a short video from a location recce for the same film. He had written: "On Location Recee for our upcoming Film #IndiaLockdown with my cinematographer Keiko Nakahara & Crew in Mumbai ! #GearingUp @pranavjain27."
Madhur hit the national limelight when he directed the award-winning Chandni Bar, starring Tabu as a poor, riot-victim Muslim girl, whose fate get entwined with one of the infamous dance bars of Mumbai. He later went on make other notable films, often with women as his lead focus, including Fashion, Corporate, Page 3 and Kareena Kapoor starrer Heroine. His last film was Indu Sarkar, starring Kirti Kulhari in the lead.
Speaking to Times of India last year, Madhur had claimed that with his film Heroine, he had upset a lot of people in the Hindi film industry. He had said: "When I made the movie, people in the film fraternity got very upset with me. According to them, I had taken a lot of things from real life. But the same people appreciated me and my work when I made it on other fields. But I had to be true to my craft. What I showed in Heroine is 95 per cent true. I am an honest filmmaker and I stand by the kind of work that I have done in my career. I don’t belong to any lobby or camp."
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.