Sutapa Sikdar remembers Irrfan Khan on her birthday: 'You could never remember birthdays'
Late actor Irrfan Khan's wife Sutapa Sikdar has shared an emotional note remembering her husband, on her birthday. Irrfan died on April 29 last year.
Sutapa shared a lovely picture with Irrfan and wrote, "You could never remember birthdays..offlate you were kind of embarrassed of that.. This was about this world and its ways... Do you remember today in the world with some other energies.. How is it up there?"
"You always wondered when you were in this world always about the other world ..do you still forget birthdays?attaching a photo when you forgot again. Sending you tightest hug," she added.
Earlier this week, Sutapa made her first public appearance after the actor's death. She spoke at a special screening of Paan Singh Tomar at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa. "I remember Irrfan had dreams in his eyes. It's a special moment because it's an honour and privilege to be given a tribute. I'm happy to be here, this is the first time I've come out of home. But one needs closures to walk ahead, and IFFI is a closure," she said.
Irrfan died in April 2020 after a two-year battle with cancer. He is survived by wife Sutapa and two sons: Babil and Ayaan. Both Sutapa and Babil occasionally share heartfelt posts and throwback pictures in the actor’s memory on social media.
Irrfan saw the theatrical release of his film, Angrezi Medium, days ahead of the pandemic-induced lockdown. His final release, Anup Singh’s The Song of Scorpions, will hit the theatres this year.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.