I am a die-hard fan of Atif, says Bipasha
Actress Bipasha Basu is a fan of Pakistani singer Atif Aslam and she wants him to do the playback for her movie Race.
Just back from Kolkata after shooting for her first Bengali film, Sab Charitra Kalpunik (All Characters Imaginary) by Rituparno Ghosh, Bipasha almost swoons at the mention of her favourite singer.
"I am a diehard fan of Atif from the time he sang Tere Bin and Doori. I wish he would sing for me some day. I listen to his albums in my car all the time and so when I heard about the track Jaan-e-Jana in Race, I knew only Atif could do it," she said.
Bipasha not only recommended Atif for the song but also urged the film's producers to sign up her favourite singer. "And why not? Atif has a deal with Tips, which is producing Race. So this was my golden opportunity to get Atif into one of my films. And now Jaan-e-Jana is my favourite song in Race."
Talk about the crackling chemistry the actress shares with Saif Ali Khan in Race, Bipasha lights up. "It's a slick sensuous thriller and I share good chemistry not only with Saif but also with Akshaye Khanna. I was working with both Saif and Akshaye for the first time. They're good actors."
"It's been really hectic for me. We worked on Ritu's film on a very tight schedule. I loved my role and the chance to speak in my mother tongue for the first time. I also shot in Santiniketan. It was something I really looked forward to. Unfortunately, I was there for just two days and it was raining all the time. I reached late in the night, shot the whole day and returned to Kolkata."
Bipasha has a lot to look forward to in 2008. "Besides Ritu's film, which gives me a completely new image, I have one more Bengali movie, Shudipto Chattopadhyay's Pankh, lined up. It's a very disturbing film about a child actor, who grows up thinking he's a girl. I play his muse. I play myself. It's a very different film. Then of course, there's Race with Abbas-Mustan."
Bipasha started her career with Abbas-Mustan and hopes to work more with the duo. "In fact, I've an incomplete film Mr Fraud with them. It is a full-on comedy with Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgan and Anuuj Sawhney. I'm ready to give dates whenever Sanju and Ajay find time. But they're so busy, and so am I," the actress said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- John Abraham posed for a slightly different picture on Tuesday. He was seen posing with nothing but a pillow as he waited for his clothes on film sets.
- Anushka Sharma gave fans a look at the view of the sea from her Mumbai home. Anushka has been enjoying life as a new mother since welcoming daughter Vamika in January.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Bipasha Basu has shared Bipapictures of herself and a funny video of her husband Karan Singh Grover from their Maldives vacation. Check them out here.
- Happy birthday Tiger Shroff: If you thought the Baaghi's star's features were hard to define and did not fit into the more desi definition of good looks, then you must read about his family background.
- Deepika Padukone, in her new Instagram post, talked about her daily routine. She also revealed whether she '(plans) a lot'. Watch the video here.
- Arshi Khan has said that Salman Khan introduced her to Iulia Vantur at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party, and said that he wants her to learn Urdu.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.