KBC 12 finale to salute Kargil War heroes, watch Amitabh Bachchan give a glimpse of the episode
Popular game show Kaun Benega Crorepati 12 is drawing to a close. On January 22, the final episode of the popular game show will be aired and it has been designed as a salute to the heroes of 1999 Kargil War heroes.
Sony Television released a short promo which shows host Amitabh Bachchan introduce the war heroes. He recites a poem in their honour. On the hot seat will be seated subedar major Yogendra Singh Yadav and subedar Sanjay Kumar.
Sharing it, the Instagram handle of the TV channel wrote: "Jo desh ke liye lade nidarr hokar, unhe dil se salaam kare. Dekhiye Kargil ke Veer SUBEDAR MAJOR YOGENDRA SINGH YADAV aur SUBEDAR SANJAY KUMAR ko #KBC12 ke Grand Finale mein 22 January 9 baje Sony TV par. #KBC12GrandFinale @amitabhbachchan @spnstudionext @indianarmy.adgpi"
In the video, Amitabh informs that the inaugural episode of KBC 12 had been dedicated to 'corona yoddhas', those who were at the forefront battling the dreaded coronavirus pandemic.
Since its launch in September last year, KBC 12 has seen four people win the ₹1 crore jackpot and what is interesting is that all the four have been women. They include Dr Neha Shah of Mumbai, Anupa Das from Jagdalpur, Chattisgarh, IPS officer Mohita Sharma, who is posted at Bari Brahmana, Jammu and Kashmir and Nazia Nasim, a resident of New Delhi. Nazia was the first crorepati on the show.
What had been different this time is that KBC 12 had been shot in the midst of the pandemic. Amitabh had often given a glimpse into the shooting changes, forced in by the pandemic, during the shooting process.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.