Avoid using heavy make-up during the day: Nikita Anand
Role Modelfashion and trends Updated: May 24, 2012 15:27 IST
Former model, now actor Nikita Anand made her debut in Prakash Jha’s Dil Dosti Etc (2007), and is geared up for her upcoming release, 4 2 Ka 1. She claims to have learnt the art of applying make-up while participating in the Miss India pageant.
“That’s when I started using professional make-up. Before that, it was mostly lip gloss and mascara,” she says. Make-up is essential while shooting under strong lights, says Nikita, “because it evens out the skin tone.
The most common mistake people make while applying make-up is that they use base excessively and go for heavy make-up during the day. Instead they should accentuate just the eyes or lips.”
* I follow a three-step skin care routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising every day. I drink a lot of water to maintain a flawless complexion.
* I use only genuine and branded cosmetics and make it a point to remove my make-up with a good remover.
* I try to use natural products such as Quinta Essentia for my skin.
* I like a glamourous look, but it should not be overdone. I use mascara, kajal, nude gloss and shades of pink and peach as blushers. Less is more for me.
* For my hair, because I love volume, a blow-dried look works best for me.
First Published: May 24, 2012 11:54 IST