Celebs are going nude... on their lips: Tips on how you can too
While many swear by their favourite red lippy, the award season is full of underplayed glossy lips.
From Zendaya’s Bowie-inspired look at last week’s Grammys where she owned her glossy nude lip, to Adele’s barely-there pink at the same do — it seems like bright colours are a passé when it comes to creating a winning look.
Even our very own Priyanka Chopra completely owned a flesh-coloured tan hue to create a statement lip on the red carpet last month.
Want to jump on to the wagon? Here’s how.
The shady business: Gold-tinged browns and delicious petal pinks will take you through multiple seasons. Beauty expert Ishika Taneja says that when going for a peach-tinged nude colour, top it up with a swipe of gloss.
If you want to indulge in caramelised chocolates and deeper neutrals, avoid matte liquid lipsticks that tend to crack and dry up. Choose a creamy lip colour that will look more natural, and will give your lips a satiny finish.
The rest of the makeup: While it’s safe to say that barely-there makeup is hot on the red carpet, you can always give into some more experimentation. Beauty expert Kanikka Gauraav Tandon advises using shades of neutrals and browns even on the eyes — take your pick from milky coffees and darker cocoas.
“Neutral browns, nudes and peaches can make for on-trend eyeshades,” she says. To add more drama, she suggests opting for classic winged eyeliner with elongated tips and luscious, volume-high lashes.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas smokes up the Internet with her jaw-dropping spring fashion in sultry pink, red and orange dresses from Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Sportmax, Valentino, Versace and pictures from her photoshoot leave the fashion police swooning
- Mira Rajput Kapoor sets the Internet on fire with her latest glimpse of Goa vacay in an abstract print bustier and draped skirt by the beach and even Shahid Kapoor can’t help but throw mushiness in the air like confetti
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal arrived in Mumbai after getting married in Alibaug and the groom's maroon ethnic look left fans swooning | Check pictures inside
- Priyanka Chopra recently showed how to slay a formal look with a Work From Home twist in a beautiful blue shirt worth ₹17k.
- For a recent shoot, Mira Rajput donned a beautiful yellow sundress that was adorned with intricate floral print. The fashionista looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress and we are bookmarking it.