Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif: Throwback to the best looks created by Sabyasachi
Designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee’s brand is one of the leading names when it comes to the Indian bridal market and he is also begun to create magic globally when it comes to wedding wear that represents tradition, beauty, craft and elegance. The Kolkata-based designer has dressed some of the most gorgeous actors and eminent personalities like Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif, Isha Ambani, Nita Ambani, Kangana Ranaut, Karisma Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Vidya Balan, Natasha Poonavala among others.
From classic printed sarees to richly embroidered lehengas, from elegant ethnic suits to co-ords, the designer’s design narrative is an ode to nostalgia, heritage and classic art traditions.
Sabyasachi has played an eminent role in creating a style signature for many of these known faces. Actors Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Kalki Koechlin and Anushka Sharma chose to wear their bridal outfits made by him design house and they looked absolutely breathtaking in each of his creations.
What really stands out is how Mukherjee weaves the personal narrative into each of his creations that represent the art, craft and times across ages. His recently launched jewellery line is also on similar lines bringing out the many lesser-known jewel traditions to the contemporary market.
Apart from bridal wear, Mukherjee has also created a range of ready-to-wear silhouettes for the modern Indian woman who dons many hats.
Classic meets contemporary remains one of the style signatures of the iconic design house.
ALL PHOTOS COURTESY: SabyasachiOfficial/Instagram
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Aditi Rao Hydari sets mercury soaring with her sizzling look in a white gathered top with smock detail and a pair of carpet print pants that are ravishing enough to make fashionistas’ jaws drop in awe this weekday
- ‘Ready Shetty Go’: Shilpa Shetty Kundra dolls up in a handcrafted red and white Bandhani shirt and skirt on Women’s Day 2021 to shoot for another episode of Super Dancer Chapter 4 and fans can’t stop swooning over her outfit of the day
- Janhvi Kapoor and Kriti Sanon were spotted during their casual day outs in Mumbai. Both the actors opted to wear similar outfits which included a basic top teamed with a pair of distressed denims. That is not all, they even went for similar accessories and were seen wearing black footwear and carrying tote bags. We are a fan of this casual look as well. What about you?
- Shraddha Kapoor shared pictures of herself looking like a dream in a gorgeous golden and blue lehenga choli set at the wedding ceremony of her cousin Priyaank Sharma with Shaza Morani. However, the stunning outfit was made by a brand that has been co-founded by her masi Padmini Kohlapure.
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared an image of herself wearing a beautiful turtle-neck sweater. The special thing about it was that the jumper was knitted by the actor's mom, Madhu Chopra while she was staying in London.
- Want to make the traffic stop and bae go weak in the knees on your next date night? Take fashion cues from Parineeti Chopra’s latest smoking hot look for Marathi Filmfare Awards 2021’s red carpet, in a backless sequinned midi dress, which has set the mercury soaring like never before
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Model and celebrity chef Chrissy Teigen made her desi fans extremely happy as she danced to the Varun Dhawan and Parineeti Chopra starrer Bollywood song Jaaneman Aah from the film Dishoom.
- Nora Fatehi has a collection of dresses that ranges from minis to everything you can think of. The fashionista, who is often snapped in a beautiful attire, loves a good dress and we always end up taking inspiration from her sartorial picks.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.