Ditch the boring jeans and make a style statement with these bottom wear
For everyday college/work wear as well as festive outings, look for something beyond the same old jeans and chudidars. Explore new looks with these bottom wear options.Updated: Jun 09, 2018 12:09 IST
Indo Asian News Service, New Delhi
Every garment evolves from something basic to something trendy to fit in different occasions and one such trend is bottom wear. In past few years, bottom wear has evolved immensely taking more and more shelf space. Siddharth Bindra, Managing Director , BIBA and Sanjeev Agrawal, CEO, Rangriti (Indian ethnic brands) share the latest bottom wear trends and the interesting ways they can be paired to make a fashion statement everyday:
* More than just ‘salwar’: With the evolution of suits into sari-suits, kurtis into long traditional dresses and dupattas being replaced by trendy jackets and scarf, the earlier version of bottom wear- a simple salwar has been replaced by many different options like patialas, harem pants and churidars.
* For a boho-chic vibe: Taking inspiration from around the world, the churidars, patialas and salwars advanced into Jodhpur pants and harem pants. Another trend that is catching pace is a different version of Jodhpur pants, the ‘petal pants’, ultra chic and comfortable. The pants paired with chic top/ crop tops or even shirts makes a boho-chic look
* Contemporary look with fusion pants: A fusion of ethnic and western bottom-wear styles; short/long palazzo pants with block prints and vibrant colours in comfortable viscose fabric are very much in trend. These flowy pants can easily be paired with short tops or mid-length kurtis, a stylish look for everyday college wear
* Era of slim pants: The straight fit pants or slim pants are trendsetter for the season and are here to stay. An extension of formal pants/leggings, these come in subtle prints or in plain colours. Best paired with contrasting kurti or white/beige tops for casual day wear or even a good evening outfit option when paired with looks straight kurtas. This bottom wear is suitable or any occasion, just pair it up with right upper and you are good to go!
* Giving a festive touch: Bottom wear is not just restricted to pants, and churidars - the flared skirts and ghararas /shararas are much in fashion these days. The modified lehngas that is ghararas give a very traditional and dramatic feel to the whole look and are perfect when paired with a short kurti or long shirt with side slits, an ideal option for festivities and weddings.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jun 09, 2018 12:08 IST