‘Fully atmanirbhar’ says Alia Bhatt about her new conscious clothing line for children, ‘well done’ says Priyanka Chopra
Alia Bhatt is busy wrapping up dubbing for Brahmastra alongside co-star and boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor, but is apparently keeping busier with her new business venture Ed-a-Mamma, a conscious clothing line for children. The actor recently posted several videos to her social media where she can be seen running around with children, playing amid trees. She captioned the videos, “Childhood! A time when the world feels like your playground.” However the videos didn’t reveal much else. After a few days of building up suspense, Alia finally shared, “Ta da! Presenting Ed-a-Mamma! To begin with, it’s a line of children’s clothing.” The brand provides clothing for children between 2 to 14-years of age. She went on to explain how it was a conscious clothing brand that used natural fabrics, themes and all the fabric that is left is used as hair ties and potli bags.
She wrote, “It’s made from natural fabrics. With nature themes. And each garment comes with a seedball that takes kids (and parents) back to nature. The tags double up as bookmarks. The buttons are not made of plastic. Even leftover fabric is transformed into hair ties and potlis. Every garment tells a story. And nurtures a love of nature among children. It’s a fully homegrown brand. Totally vocal for local. And fully atmanirbhar. When I say homegrown, I mean we literally started in my home. Till we grew to a point where we had to get an office. And a warehouse. And so on. We launched on firstcry.com in October and people loved our story (thank you for giving us such a warm, overwhelming welcome).”
Alia went on to express that she hoped for the venture to turn into something much bigger, writing, “We hope to add more stores. More stories. A series of children’s books. A series on TV. Toys, perhaps. The common thread running through it all is love for the one thing that unites us: our planet.Because we’re all children of Mother Earth.”
Priyanka Chopra Jonas took to her Instagram stories to applaud Alia’s environmentally conscious venture, writing, “Well done Alia! The best always.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared her quick and easy to do makeup look that she sticks to for all the video calls. The actor is currently extremely busy promoting her upcoming film and her autobiography, online.
- Nora Fatehi recently shared a beautiful black and white image of herself looking like a dream in a pearl bustier designed for her by the duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- Malaika Arora has been telling us the correct way to rock a comfy outfit with panache for the longest time now and her latest pictures that are from an impromptu shoot in her balcony featuring a maxi dress are giving us all the inspiration that we need.
- Sara Ali Khan is currently soaking in the sun and enjoying delicious meals with her family in the Maldives. The actor is also serving us some major beachwear goals with her pictures.
- During the recent Ask Me Anything session on Instagram, Deepika Padukone wore some of the most impeccable casual looks which inspired us to up our sartorial game as well.