Miss Arab World Contest kicks off
The second Miss Arab World Contest has taken off in Egypt, with the participation of some 19 contestants.
According to the organising committee at a press conference here Wednesday, the candidates to the contest came from 16 Arab countries, including Egypt, Lebanon, Sudan, Iraq, Libya and Palestine.
The jury consists of fashion, beauty and tourism experts as well as academies. The finalists were chosen from more than 10,000 participants who registered through the Internet.
The final result of the contest is expected Friday evening.
Ghada Hassan, 19, a girl from Saudi Arabia and a business student in an academy in Egypt, told reporters that she had become the first Saudi girl to attend the contest, expressing her excitement and gratitude to the organising committee.
In a short-sleeve blouse and long trousers and without a veil, Hassan said that her family and relatives opposed her participation at first but agreed later.
The first Miss Arab World Contest was held in Egypt's Red Sea resort Sharm el-Sheikh July 26 to 29, 2006, with the title of Miss Arab World 2006 going to Nadia Bin Fadla from Tunisia. But this was retracted later because Fadla had reportedly failed to abide by the competition rules.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sara Ali Khan’s white ruffle cold-shoulder playsuit at Manish Malhotra’s house party last month made jaws drop in awe and set the mercury soaring but the good news is that you can add the ravishing ensemble to your vacay wardrobe too without burning a hole in your pocket
- Bhagyashree gives fans a sneak-peek into her kitchen as she prepares organic oil to nourish her hair, claims it reduces hairfall when applied atleast once every week | Watch
- Hina Khan recently took to her social media and shared images of herself wearing a purple and pink tracksuit. We are guessing that this is what Barbie would look like in athleisure.
- For her flight, Kiara Advani opted for an extremely comfy attire and wore an all-black velvet tracksuit. The Kabir Singh actor added a hint of elan to it with her high-end cross-body bag.
- Shanaya Kapoor oozes charms as she lays fashion inspiration, for resort wear this summer season, in a sizzling floral mini dress which is sure to make heads turns
- For her cousin's haldi ceremony in the Maldives, the Ek Villain actor Shraddha Kapoor opted to wear a white and sea blue lehenga choli set and look absolutely breathtaking.
- Vaani Kapoor raises the bar of ethnic fashion this season by stunning in a ₹1.5 lakh olive green sleeveless velvet kurta and sharara from Anita Dongre and we are bookmarking this opulent look for the next wedding