Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray called out for wearing a Sabyasachi design copy at NYFW 2019. See pics
Catriona Gray , Miss Universe 2018 apparently wore a copy of a Sabyasachi design by American designer Sherri Hill to New York Fashion Week 2019 and was trolled on Instagram for it. The design belongs to Sabyasachi Mukherjee’s 2016 Firdaus Couture Collection. Instagrammers pointed the uncanny resemblance out and started trolling Gray.
Designed by Sherri Hill, and styled by Marquis Bias for her appearance at the recently concluded New York Fashion Week 2019, Catriona’s velvet cape-dress, that she wore with a short black skirt looked very similar to the Firdaus Coat from Sabyasachi’s 2016 collection, that took us back to the colonial times with inspiration from countries like Kenya and Burma. The motifs of birds, coconut trees and flowers in this collection was a striking feature and it was termed Modern Heirloom.
This recently-spotted Sherri Hill design also featured Sabyasachi’s signature floral embellishments on the black velvet cloth and boasted of a zari border.
The copied design has been spotted by Diet Sabya, an anonymous Instagram account that calls out plagiarised fashion designs and compares them.
Take a look:
Here’s a glimpse from Sabyasachi’s collection:
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.