Monsoon style, here’s how you can step out in style this rainy season
Don’t let the rains play spoilsport. With fashionable accessories, you can look your best even if it’s pouring.fashion and trends Updated: Jun 07, 2018 15:01 IST
Monsoon has finally hit Mumbai, so now is the best time to quickly update your wardrobe to brave those torrential rains. Thankfully, in today’s day and age, we no longer have to choose between staying dry and keeping it stylish. Funky raincoats, jelly-based footwear and waterproof phone covers help to keep up your style quotient during the monsoon season, say experts.Harleen Kaur Jawanda, chief merchandising officer at Trendybharat, an online shopping website, and Meha Bhargava, image consultant at Styl.Inc, suggest a few accessories:
* Shoes: Unpredictable puddles, muddy streets and the waterlogged streets are not ideal for stylish stilettos or kitten heals. So, it is important to choose your footwear well. Jelly flats, funky flip flops or bright and shiny gumboots can be your best friends.
* Bags: Monsoon is not the best time to flaunt your expensive leather and PU bags as the rain might damage them. Go for nylon or plastic tote bags which can keep all your possessions dry and safe when it pours. Transparent handbags can up your style quotient while keeping all your things dry and safe.
* Raincoats: These days raincoats are available in gorgeous patterns, colours and materials. There is no dearth of stylish and trendy rainwear online. Choose from balloon raincoats, rain ponchos, transparent raincoats in a variety of bright and neon shades.
* Umbrellas: The world of umbrellas is not so starkly black anymore with a great range of colourful umbrellas in beautiful designs. The foldable umbrellas are compact and are easy to carry around.
* Waterproof phone covers: Mobile phones being an integral part of everyone’s life, protect them from the rain with waterproof phone covers.
* Scarves: Scarves can be the biggest saviours and they are less cumbersome when compared to dupattas. Beautiful prints in myriad colours are available in scarves and are available in different fabrics like cotton, mulmul and chiffon.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jun 26, 2017 15:49 IST