Your beauty guide to get party-ready for Christmas and New Year 2018
This year, experiment with your hair, nails and make-up and make heads turn at Christmas and year-end parties.Updated: Dec 23, 2017 09:14 IST
Christmas and New Year parties are a time to go a little crazy with glitter, metallics and bold colours. It’s time to jazz up your ordinary beauty routine and experiment with your make-up and hair. TIGI educator Audrey D’Souza shares three hair looks:
* The beachy brunch look: Apply a coin-sized amount of volumising mousse on damp hair. Use a heat protectant and blow-dry the hair. Add a little bling by taking the top half of your hair and securing it with your favourite accessory. Lightly brush the hair with a boar bristle brush to add texture and finish using a volumising hairspray.
* The boho-mermaid look: Get the base right by applying a texturing serum. Part the hair into two and work with volumising mousse for a messy, out-of-bed look. Maintain the tempo and take smaller sections using the Dutch braiding technique and secure the end with a black ribbon. Finish the look with a texturising spray.
* The lazy-girl-turns-sophisticated look: Start by applying power dry on the hair for achieving good texture and smoothness for the look. Create three sections separating the back from the sides, using a radial parting so that the front can be easily shaped over the ears. Start at the back using a stuffing, and roll the hair towards the nape, moving upwards in an outward direction. Secure the sides and the centre using bob pins and tuck the hair into a messy bun. At the end, spray some shine spray.
Disha Meher, national creative director-skin and nails, Lakmé Salon says that nail art has become part of a modern woman’s style statement. “Nail art with bold colours, glitter and metallic shades are the latest trends. Chrome nails have also become immensely popular. With the help of pigments, dusts and polishes, you can achieve metallic nails.
Sushma Khan, national creative director- makeup, Lakmé Salon, gives a few tips on make-up:
* Air brush make-up is highly recommended as it will give your skin a natural and long-lasting finish. It is great to use when facing a high definition camera as it gives a picture-perfect finish to your look.
* Choose from a variation of eye liners ranging from coloured or shimmer to holographic and apply using graphic techniques.
* Opt for ombre lips in gradients starting from soft nudes to brighter colours like cherry reds, orange and fuchsia. These will compliment your outfit.
* Swap your highlighter for a holographic coloured blush to get shine and colour on your cheeks.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Dec 23, 2017 09:09 IST