Massage & eczema
A new research has revealed that massage therapists who frequently use essential oils in aromatherapy treatments have a higher rate of hand dermatitis or hand eczema than the general population.
Hand dermatitis is a skin disorder that causes the hands to develop a rash and become dry and cracked. It can interfere with social activities and cause permanent deformity.
Dr. Glen H. Crawford of the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center in Philadelphia, and his colleagues found that those using aromatherapy products, massage oils, lotions, or creams, were over three times as likely to suffer from hand dermatitis, whereas those with a history of dermatitis were eight times as likely to have hand dermatitis.
"Massage therapists should be aware of the sensitizing potential of their oils and the possibility of personal and client adverse skin reactions. To lower this high prevalence of hand dermatitis in massage therapists, it may be useful to conduct an educational campaign regarding the potential hazards of aromatherapy products," the article, published in The Archive of Dermatology, said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fitness enthusiast Malaika Arora makes sure that every week she shares a new Yoga asana with her followers and inspire them to exercise. This week the actor talked about the benefits and steps of the Bridge Pose.
- A new study done by the researchers of Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer and MedStar Washington Hospital Center shows that men who suffer from breast cancer might be more susceptible to cardiovascular diseases.
- According to a new research, afternoon naps might help improve locational awareness, verbal fluency, and working memory.
- Watch: Karishma Tanna packs impressive punches during kickboxing workout at gym on Monday. This fitness exercise is great for those looking to whip into shape in no time
- Looking for exercises that could help you row out of stress and other body issues? Search no further as Shilpa Shetty Kundra shows us how to do it by taking us through the step-by-step process of nailing Yoga’s Naukasana or boat pose in this fitness video | Benefits inside
- Tisca Chopra’s fitness goals for 2021 include working on her core strength. As she gives a glimpse of her workout on a pilates reformer, we list out its health benefits which will surely push you to give it a try too
- Monday motivation: Mandira Bedi’s latest fitness video of nailing headstand and handstand with 50 mins of wind sprints done off the camera, is all the workout inspiration we need to get our week rolling. Read benefits of these exercises inside
- Ananya Panday loves an intense morning Yoga session. The actor has lately been sharing a lot of aerial Yoga posts on social media and blowing our minds away.