On Robert Downey Jr’s birthday, watch fans lose their minds inside theatre at ‘I am Iron Man’ scene
Actor Robert Downey Jr turned 55 on Saturday, and fans are wishing him a happy birthday on social media. They’re also celebrating his iconic turn as Iron Man/Tony Stark in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, by sharing videos of the character on Twitter.
A popular video doing the rounds online is of Downey’s name coming up in the end credits of Avengers: Endgame, much to the euphoria of the fans. As a special tribute to the six original cast members of the Avengers films -- Downey, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo and Chris Hemsworth -- the end credits of Endgame featured signatures of the actors juxtaposed with their characters. “Remember how everyone screamed when Robert’s name appeared in the credits? I will never get over this,” one fan wrote.
A video shot from inside a movie theatre, during a screening of Endgame, was shared online. It shows Downey’s name coming up in the credits sequence, welcomed with massive cheers from the crowd. Another video, of Downey delivering the famous line, “I am Iron Man” at the end of the film’s final battle sequence, was also shared.
“Happy Birthday to the legendary @RobertDowneyJr . Thank you for being our Iron Man,” one fan wrote. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY RDJ YOU’RE THE ONE WHO STARTED AND ENDED IT ALL YOU’RE A LEGEND OKAY I LOVE YOU 3000,” wrote another.
Downey first appeared as Iron Man in the 2008 film by the same name. His character was killed off in Endgame after more than a decade-long run. While the actor has said that he doesn’t intend to reprise his role in the MCU, he has, of late, been taking the ‘never say never’ approach to answering questions on the matter.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.