Samuel L Jackson urges everyone to ‘stay the f**k at home’ in foul-mouthed PSA. Watch
Actor Samuel L Jackson brought his own style of dialogue delivery to a dramatic reading of a new children’s book, titled Stay the F**k at Home. Jackson performed the reading as a PSA on Jimmy Kimmel’s talk show.
The book has been written by Adam Mansbach, who previously wrote Go the F**k to Sleep. Jackson’s reading of that book went viral a few years ago.
On Kimmel’s show, hosted from his home, Jackson spoke about the importance of social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic, and how people can help by contributing towards causes, such as the charity Feeding America, which he contributes towards. The video has been viewed over 1.5 million times. “If there was a coronavirus movie, this guy samuel l jackson won’t die,” one person wrote in the comments. “He is literally the coolest human being ever,” wrote another.
Jackson, wearing a purple outfit and glasses, read, “The ‘rona is spreading/ This s— is no joke/ It’s no time to work or roam/ The way you can fight it/ is simple, my friends/ Just stay the f— at home.” He continued, “Now, technically, I’m not a doctor/ but, motherf—er, listen when I read a poem/ So, here I am, Sam f—in’ Jackson/ imploring you, keep your ass at home.”
Jackson is known for his particular style of loud acting, which he parodied in films like Snakes on a Plane. In recent years, he has appeared as Nick Fury in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The coronavirus has infected over 900000 people globally, and nearly 200000 in the US. In India, the reported number of Covid-19 cases is approaching 2000.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Raya and the Last Dragon movie review: Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina put their own twist on the Mulan-Mushu dynamic in Disney's latest animated adventure.
- Chris Evans shared a video montage of his friend visiting the sets of Captain America: The First Avenger and reacting to his scenes.
- Kristen Stewart has been filming for her upcoming movie, Spencer. The Twilight star plays the role of Princess Diana in the movie.
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.