Rainwater reservoir we can all help build
Types of Rainwater Harvesting
An effective remedy for a world grappling with water shortage is that of rainwater harvesting. Learn all about this solution. Rainwater harvesting can broadly be divided into three categories based on the types of usage, the area in which harvesting is carried out and the people involved.
Storage or recharge:
Based on the type of usage, structures can either be used to store the collected water for use or to recharge nearby groundwater resources.
Urban or rural:
Rural harvesting is mostly done through traditional practices like Zing and is carried out in surface storage bodies like rivers and lakes. Urban harvesting, due to lack of open space for capturing the run off, is mostly done in sub-soil storage structures like recharge pits and wells. Rooftop or driveway harvesting:
When we say rainwater harvesting, the first thing that comes to our mind is a terrace. This greatly restricts the scope for harvesting rainwater as a considerable amount of water that falls around the built-up area is let out of the building as run-off. This run-off water should not be led into a pump for immediate use or to a source well, but it can very well be directed into recharge wells to aid in groundwater replenishing.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As parents worry, experts advise offline activities; say some kids need medical help, counselling
- Students from schools across Ludhiana saluted the national flag, sang patriotic songs, and recited poems dedicated to freedom fighters to mark the day.
- The conference, which was attended by over 200 students from Classes 6 to 12, was inaugurated by school executive director Dr. Mrignaini and moderated by Social Science HoD Mukesh Choudhary along with her dedicated team.
- Sia Kapur, a Class 5 student of Bal Bharati Public School (BBPS), GRH Marg, has discovered three asteroids in the Kalam Centre Asteroid Search Campaign organized by Kalam Centre in New Delhi in association with International Astronomical Search Collaboration (IASC).
- The current times are extremely exciting with the current pandemic having ushered in the most challenging times for our society and government.
- The virtual library will help students of Classes 9 to 12 develop the habit of reading newspapers and competition-related materials.
- A dietitian working with the Asian Heart Hospital in BKC, Dr Patil has been working with Covid-19 patients at the BKC centre for the past six months.
- Senior principal Vineeta Arora appreciated the efforts made by BOSS and said that it has sincerely committed itself to the betterment of the society, truly exemplifying the fundamental values of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
- The first part of this new series features Devashish Jindal and Akash Kadiyan who have founded the entertainment firm Rhino Records that makes catchy video songs that promote India’s diverse regional music, culture and talent.
- They are not only equipped to achieve good ranks in the academics field but also are equally trained to their best potential for performing well in their extracurricular activities including sports.
- A plethora of activities were organised during the festival like aerobics, taekwondo, karate, kickboxing, yoga, poster making, slogan writing and poem recitation.
- The general population is expected to get the dose after it, which means the wait for them ranges between three and six months.
- Season 2 of CSP will be divided in different categories as per the new curricular and pedagogical structure of the primary, middle and secondary school students.
- With India on the verge of joining the rest of the world by immunizing its population of 1.3 billion against covid-19, there couldn't be a better time and occasion to also understand what is vaccination?
- The Uddhav Thackeray government allotted 102 acres of salt pan land to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for building an integrated car shed in Kanjurmarg, in east-central Mumbai, last year in a decision opposed by the Centre, which claimed ownership.