1 dead, 25 critical after single syringe used for patients at MP govt hospital
One person has died while 25 others are in a critical condition after a single syringe was used to inject all the patients at a district hospital in Madhya Pradesh’s Datia.
Speaking to ANI, civil surgeon of the hospital, Dr PK Sharma said that the incident took place due to negligence of the nurses.
“A single syringe was used for all the patients. The incident took place because of the negligence of the nurses as they were using normal water instead of distilled water,” Sharma said.
Police have launched a probe into the matter. “We received a complaint that wrong injections were given to patients because of negligence of the nurses. Reports of medical board are awaited and a probe is on into this matter,” the police said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The notice under the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021 notified on February 25, was issued on March 1 and served on Tuesday morning to the publisher/intermediary of Khanasi Neinasi, which means Let’s Talk in Manipuri.
- For 2020-21, Delhi had pegged budgeted revenue receipts (excluding borrowings) at ₹55,309 crore. Revised estimates for the year will be mentioned in the upcoming budget (2021-22) and actual revenue receipts for the year will reflect in the budget after that.
- Court-appointed amicus curiae senior advocate Siddhartha Dave prepared a chart indicating unsatisfactory response from states as well with some proposing to achieve compliance of Court’s December 2, 2020 order by end of 2023.
- The judgment, which involved approximately ₹500 crore in tax revenue, will impact companies such as IBM India Ltd, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, Hewlett Packard India, Mphasis Ltd, Sonata Software Ltd, and GE India, among others.
- The girl's family lodged a complaint three day after she went missing.