3.7 magnitude quake hits Rudraprayag, mild tremors felt in Uttarakhand
A mild 3.7 magnitude quake hit Rudraprayag district and adjoining areas in Uttarakhand in the wee hours of Monday.
The tremor occurred at 3.11am with Dharkudi village of the district as the epicentre, the state emergency operations centre said.
No damage to life and property has been reported from the district and areas adjacent to it, it said.
Slight intensity tremors in the hills of Uttarakhand are frequent.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The capacity of major ports which was around 870 million tonnes per annum in 2014 has increased to around 1550 million tonnes per annum now, the Prime Minister said.
- Party leaders fear that dissension may heighten in the coming days-- posters and notices have started appearing at many places against probable candidates.
- The opposition Congress accused the government of "high handedness" against the protestors especially women while drawing parallels with British rule and calling it "General Dyer's government".
- “We'll send teams to poll-bound states - to West Bengal and Kerala. We will not support any party but appeal to people to vote for the candidates who can defeat BJP.", said BKU leader Balbir S Rajewal
- None of the students had any symptoms of Covid-19 and when their samples were again subjected to RT-PCR tests, the results were negative.