For and against: How Tweeple reacted to Sushma’s UNGA address
Foreign minister Sushma Swaraj on Monday used her address at the UN General Assembly to accuse Pakistan of terrorism, warning that India will not give up control in Kashmir.
While many described her speech as well-measured and a fitting reply to the neighbouring country, some expressed reservations. Here are some Twitter reactions both for and against her views.
An overwhelming number of tweets from India agreed with Swaraj’s views and praised the minister for a brave speech.
Many also denounced her speech. Many such tweets originated from outside India. Many tweeted using the hashtag #IndiaLivesInDelusion to express their displeasure.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ghulam Nabi Azad detractors and supporters in the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Committee accused each other of acting at the behest of the BJP.
- Jailed Assam leader urges parties to put up common candidates against BJP
- The capacity of major ports which was around 870 million tonnes per annum in 2014 has increased to around 1550 million tonnes per annum now, the Prime Minister said.
- Party leaders fear that dissension may heighten in the coming days-- posters and notices have started appearing at many places against probable candidates.
- The opposition Congress accused the government of "high handedness" against the protestors especially women while drawing parallels with British rule and calling it "General Dyer's government".
- “We'll send teams to poll-bound states - to West Bengal and Kerala. We will not support any party but appeal to people to vote for the candidates who can defeat BJP.", said BKU leader Balbir S Rajewal