Four militants held in Jammu and Kashmi’s Handwara after encounter
Four suspected militants were arrested on Sunday after a brief gunfight with security forces in Jammu and Kashmi’s Handwara, the army said.
The militants, believed to be new recruits, surrendered after the encounter. Three others fled under the cover of fire and a search is on to trace them, army spokesperson Colonel Rajesh Kalia said.
In a joint operation, the army and police forces laid an ambush on Sunday to capture the militants after a tip-off about their location, the spokesperson said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Officials said some local youths spotted the big fish lying lifeless on the Sonapur coast on Thursday afternoon.
- Officials in Bhubaneswar's Regional Meteorological Centre said the maximum temperature of 38 degrees Celsius in Bhubaneswar on Wednesday too was highest on that day.
- In MP, the positivity rate increased to 2.3% on Thursday and there are 2,435 active cases in the state.
- CSE’s director general Sunita Narian said Covid-19 had made the world’s poor poorer.
- This was the first formal contact between Jaishankar and Wang since they met on the margins of a Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meeting in Moscow on September 10 last year, and it came days after India and China pulled back frontline troops from strategic heights around Pangong Lake.
- Aparna Purohit was accused of the inappropriate depiction of UP police personnel, Hindu deities and adverse portrayal of a character playing the PM.
- PM Modi was in the two-poll bound neighbouring regions to launch a slew of infrastructure projects meant to give his regional allies a fillip.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.