Haryana horror: Girl’s body found with mutilated private parts, ruptured liver
In yet another horrific reminder of the December 16 Delhi gangrape, a minor girl’s brutalised body, with her private parts mutilated and liver ruptured, was found in Haryana’s Jind.
The body was found near a canal in Budhakhera village of Jind’s Safidon town on Friday night. Police said the victim has been identified as a resident of Jhansa village in Kurukshetra. She went missing on January 9.
The body was found without any clothes in the lower parts. It was sent to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS), Rohtak, for postmortem. Dr SK Dhattarwal, head of the forensics department at PGIMS, said the victim had injuries on her face and inside the mouth, suggesting that she was kidnapped by multiple persons who prevented her from making noise.
“The autopsy suggests this was an act of frustration. All the damage to her private parts seems to have been done after she was drowned and murdered. This was the work of more than one person who failed to sexually assault the victim while she was alive,” said Dr Dhattarwal.
The Jind police have constituted two special investigation teams (SIT) under two DSP-rank officers to probe the incident.
“It is possible that her body was dumped in the canal somewhere else and someone here pulled it out,” DSP Kaptan Singh, leading one of the SITs said.
He said the doctors have confirmed the victim was murdered 24-48 hours earlier.
A case of murder has been registered against unknown at Safidon police station. Police said suitable sections of the IPC will be added once they get the post-mortem report.
The incident comes barely a month after the state was shaken by the brutal rape and murder of a six-year-old girl in Hisar, whose private parts were mutilated by inserting a wooden stick.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The director of the state’s animal husbandry department said there’s a “misconception” that donkey meat acts as an aphrodisiac which leads to their illegal slaughter.
- The bench took note of the brief submission of senior advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing for Navlakha, and asked NIA to respond by March 15.
- BJP leader Tejasvi Surya has called the DMK's ideology "anti-Hindu”.The problem is that the AIADMK , the senior partner of the alliance of which the BJP is a part, has the same beliefs and ideologies as the DMK.
- The CERT-In has reported from a trusted source that China-based "Threat actor Group Command and Control" servers are trying to communicate with systems belonging to Telangana State Load Dispatch Centre
- A resident in a village along the LoC said that dozens of families had migrated from villages as they wanted to escape from the daily shelling
- The second phase of vaccination commenced all over the country from March 1.