News updates from Hindustan Times: Actor Payal Ghosh joins Union minister Ramdas Athawale’s party and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Actor Payal Ghosh joins Union minister Ramdas Athawale-led Republican Party of India (A)
Actor Payal Ghosh has joined Union minister Ramdas Athawale-led Republican Party of India (A) in Mumbai and has been named as the vice president of its women’s wing, reports said on Monday. Ghosh had recently accused Anurag Kashyap of rape, a charge denied by the filmmaker. Read more
Bihar Assembly Election: Will give momentum to growth in Bihar, if voted to power, says Nitish Kumar
Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Monday exhorted voters to bring him back to power so that the development initiatives taken by his government in the past 15 years could be continued. Read more
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and defence secretary Mark Esper arrived in New Delhi on Monday afternoon for the 2+2 dialogue. The talks will be held on Tuesday. Read more
Hardik Pandya takes a knee during IPL 2020 match to show support to Black Lives Matter movement
India allrounder Hardik Pandya became the first player in Indian Premier League 2020 in the UAE to take a knee to show support to the Black Lives Matter movement. Pandya made the gesture during Mumbai Indians’ IPL 2020 match against Rajasthan Royals in Abu Dhabi on Sunday. Read more
Indian Film Festival of Melbourne to honour Irrfan, Rishi Kapoor, Sushant Singh Rajput with special screenings of their films
Late actors Irrfan Khan, Rishi Kapoor and Sushant Singh Rajput will be honoured at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne. As a part of IFFM’s tribute section, the festival will be screening Irrfan’s Song of Scorpion, Rishi’s 102 Not Out and Sushant’s Kedarnath this year. Read more
Airtel IQ cloud-based communication platform launched in India: Here’s what it does
Airtel is making its presence even stronger in the enterprise segment by introducing Airtel IQ. It is a cloud-based communication platform that enables secure and easy communication between customers and businesses.Read more
Indian, Pakistani women diagnosed with more aggressive breast cancer at younger age: Study
Indian and Pakistani women are diagnosed with breast cancer, including more aggressive forms, at a younger age, according to a study that provides an insight into understanding the risk factors influencing the disease. Read more
Man covers himself with over 6 lakh bees, bags record. Video creates buzz
Guinness World Records often takes to Facebook to share such videos of records which are astonishing, shocking or awe-inspiring. Chances are their throwback video, posted a few hours ago, will make you feel all of these things at once. It shows how a man named Ruan Liangming made his record involving bees, a lot of them. Read more
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav on Monday said that besides unemployment, inflation is the biggest issue in Bihar Assembly Elections as onion prices are skyrocketing.”Inflation is the biggest issue. BJP people used to wear a garland of onions. Now it is about to touch Rs 100/kg. Watch Here
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On a two day visit to his constituency, he will kick-start the party’s election campaign in Kerala and meet many local leaders.
- The Odisha Vigiance Department which had accused teh IFS officer of amassing disproportionate assets worth ₹9.35 crore had claimed that it was the biggest case of disproportionate assets in its history.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- "We have never said that the doors for dialogue are closed. Have you heard? Whenever talks are held, we will let you know," Prakash Javadekar said. The government has so far held 11 rounds of talks with the farmers who have been protesting since November 26 last year.
- Police said the accused had an altercation with the victim earlier in the day and then barged into his room in the evening and thrashed him with a cricket bat.
- The delivery of vaccines made by the Serum Institute of India will fulfil Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s commitment to his Sri Lankan counterpart Mahinda Rajapaksa during their virtual summit last September for all possible support to minimise the health and economic impacts of the pandemic.
- The Dhannipur project includes a mosque, hospital, museum, library, community kitchen, Indo-Islamic Cultural Research Centre and a publication house.
- Issuing new guidelines for containment and surveillance, which will come into effect from February 1, the ministry of home affairs (MHA) also asked the civil aviation ministry to further open up international air travel in consultation with it.