Pakistani intruder shot dead by BSF in Pathankot’s Bamiyal sector
Border Security Force (BSF) troops on Tuesday morning gunned down a Pakistani intruder along the International Border (IB) in Bamiyal sector, the same area from where terrorists infiltrated to attack the Pathankot airbase in January last year.
Officials said the BSF observation post at Simbal detected suspicious movements around 8:15am, about 50 metres from the fence. They said the troops challenged the intruder but seeing no response they fired, killing him on the spot..
Sources said the BSF held a flag meeting with Pakistani Rangers after retrieving the dead body.
Confirming the incident, Pathankot senior superintendent of police (SSP) Nilambari Jagadale Vijay said the BSF handed over the Pakistani national’s body to the police. She said it has been sent to the Pathankot civil hospital. The autopsy will be conducted after verifying the infiltrator’s identity, she said.
Security has been further strengthened in Bamiyal sector after the incident.
(With PTI inputs)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The lab technician took instruction from a doctor on a video call and helped the woman deliver the baby
- The case was registered following a YouTube video, uploaded by Munawar Faruqui, wherein he was seen making derogatory remarks against Hindu deities among other things
- Local people accused the authorities of destroying the alcohol drums in the open and not taking precautions to stop access of the liquor to the cows.
- The Shiv Sena which is a marginal force in West Bengal, is aiming to punch much above its weight.
- BJP parliamentarian from Maharashtra Manoj Kotak and West Ghatkopar MLA Ram Kadam demanded a ban on the series.