Bengaluru: Ugandan woman stabbed to death after scuffle over ‘payment for sex’
A 25-year-old Ugandan woman was allegedly stabbed to death here in a scuffle over payment for sex, police said on Thursday. The accused has been arrested.
“Accused Ishan, 30, from Himachal Pradesh, has been arrested for fatally stabbing Florence Nakayaki, a degree student in a private college, over a sexual favour,” IANS quoted the deputy commissioner of police, Bengaluru North-East, PS Harsha as saying. The incident came to light when neighbours called the police on hearing screams from the second floor house at Kothanur.
“The victim met the accused on Wednesday night and drove to her house to have sex. An argument ensued when Florence asked Ishan for Rs 5,000 more after he already paid her Rs 5,000, IANS reported.
However, Praveen Sood, Bengaluru police commissioner, told HT that the two had taken a cab to the victim’s house, where the incident took place. David Amun of the African Students’ Union said he was not aware of the details and would enquire with police. However, Sood said the accused had injuries and that the probe was on. Ishan has been charged with murder. As per Ishan’s preliminary deposition, he stabbed Florence in self-defence after she threatened to raise an alarm and kill him for not paying her more. “Ishaan said he snatched the knife from the victim and stabbed her in a fit of rage for betraying him on the ‘deal’ and in self-defence,” said Harsha.
“It is an unfortunate incident or accident involving a foreigner and an Indian. We have asked the CCB to probe the case,” Karnataka home minister G Parameshwara told reporters, adding that it was not a racial attack but an “accident”.
(with agency inputs)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The petition demanded an immediate ban on further screening of the web series and sought directions from the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to set up a pre-screening committee for censoring content of similar web series, movies or other programmes release on OTT platforms.
- Uttarakhand at present has over 92,000 doses of Covishield vaccine, after a second consignment was received by the state on Wednesday afternoon. The state received the first consignment of 1.13 lakh vaccines on January 13.
- The plea before the court was made by BJP councillor Prabhakar Tukaram Shinde, who is currently the Group Leader of the BJP in MCGM.
- BJP state unit general secretary Ashwani Tyagi said the party’s national chief reviewed the working of the ministers. He applauded the state government and CM Yogi Adityanath for providing momentum to development work amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Anit Thapa refuted the portal's claim and claimed it was a conspiracy.
- RIMS Director Dr Kameshwar Prasad said it seems to be a case of acute pneumonia and he has been put under round-the-clock observation.