Uttar Pradesh budget highlights: Adityanath focuses on transport, farmers
The Yogi Adityanath government estimated on Friday it will spend Rs 428384.52 crore in its annual budget for Uttar Pradesh--11% higher than the last fiscal.india Updated: Feb 16, 2018 15:04 IST
The Yogi Adityanath government estimated on Friday it will spend Rs 428384.52 crore in its annual budget for Uttar Pradesh--11% higher than the last fiscal.
The budget earmarks Rs 650 crore for Bundelkhand expressway project, Rs 550 crore for Gorkahpur link expressway project, Rs 1,000 crore for Purvanchal expressway, Rs 500 crore Agra-Lucknow expressway. Here are highlights from the budget, which was presented by state finance minister Rajesh Agarwal.
For education, Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan gets Rs 480 crore. Rs 76 crore earmarked for free book distribution. Rs 18,167 crore for Sarva Shiksha. Rs 2048 crore allocated for mid day meal. Rs 167 crore to distribute fruits to school children
* Rs 100 crore earmarked for fertilisers to farmers
* Rs 2757 crore given for minority welfare
* Rs 404 crore allocated for madrassa modernisation
* 1.5 crore new electricity connections will be given this year.
* Rs 3780 crore for providing nutrition to children under women and child development
* Rs 250 crore given for regional rapid transport
* Kumbh Mela gets Rs 1500 crore in the state budget
Adityanath faced the task presenting a budget that balances expenditure and provides populist schemes in view of 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
First Published: Feb 16, 2018 15:01 IST