3 students die of food poisoning in C'tisgarh
Three students died and dozen others fell ill in a suspected case of food poisoning in a school in neighbouring Durg district, official sources said on Monday.
"Three students died and a dozen others of a Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan School on Durg city outskirts, fell ill last night after having dinner at the school," they said.
Meanwhile, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has ordered magisterial probe into the incident and has directed the Durg collector Subrat Sahu in this regard, they said.
Expressing deep sorrow over the death, Singh also sanctioned Rs 25,000 each to the family of the deceased students and Rs 5,000 to the affected students for their treatment, they added.