Ash, Meryl Streep to come together for film?
Plans are afoot to bring Aishwarya Rai and Meryl Streep together in an American production of Chaos, Colin Serreau's 2002 French movie.
Says a source, "They ran the concept with Meryl and Ash and they were game. They need to Americanise the theme because Chaos was a very French movie. But, yes, in principle Ash is on for this film."
Ash is slated to play a sex worker in the film.
Another international project Aishwarya has agreed to is Roland Joffe's Singularity with Brendan Fraser.
Ash says she has asked for the final draft of the script. "Now the time factor has to be worked out. The time they want is devoted to Mani (Ratnam) Sir's project. New dates have to be worked out. There're so many projects that I want to do but because of the dates or a delay I can't. There're only that number of assignments I can take on. I've never done more work than I can do. I never can."
In the meanwhile, Aishwarya gets ready to shoot for Shankar's Robot and Mani Ratnam's film with Abhishek.
"There has been a little delay in Shankar's Robot because of his writer Sujata 's death. That has delayed Robot a bit. All kinds of rumours have been floated about the project. The dates situation does get tighter for me because I was supposed to shoot Robot now and Mani Sir's film a little later during the year. We just have to work under a tighter schedule now."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttarakhand's Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik said green bonus was a major demand of the state for conserving about 71% of its total area.
- The CJI was candid to admit that those appointed to a committee were free to express their views on the subject on which they have been called to consider.
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone