Congress legislator booked for murder
A First Information Report (FIR) has been registered against Jharkhand's Congress legislator Niel Tirkey in the murder of a state Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader, a police official said on Sunday.
BSP Simdega district unit secretary Ajit Kido was killed on Friday night by some unidentified people at his house in Simdega, about 140 km from Ranchi.
The FIR was lodged on Saturday night in Kurdeg police station on the statement of Silvester Kido, elder brother of Ajit Kido.
Silvester in his statement said that his brother was receiving threats from the Congress lawmaker.
"The FIR has been lodged against Niel Tirkey on the statement of Silvester Kido," Deobihari Sharma, superintendent of police Simdega district, told IANS on Sunday.
Tirkey, however, said: "The case is politically motivated. I had no confrontation with Ajit Kido."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Since the last four days, Srinagar and other parts of Kashmir are observing freezing temperatures and a cold wave.
- The aim is to provide a level-playing field in media and a platform to redress public grievances against digital media
- Razdan said she has lodged a complaint with the police and requested “immediate steps to identify, apprehend and prosecute perpetrators of this abominable attack".
- Srinivasan had been on several long bike tours and expeditions, travelling to 36 countries and several continents, including America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- While Hindi and English have been mostly used during the proceedings of the House, members preferring to speak in the 21 other scheduled Indian languages has increased to over five times per sitting in 2020 compared to the 14-year period between 2004-17.
- Cold wave or 'severe’ cold wave conditions are also very likely over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and east Madhya Pradesh during the next two days