No Rajya Sabha debate without live telecast, says BJP
Bharatiya Janata Party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said Wednesday that if the proceedings of the Rajya Sabha are not telecast live, there would be no debate.
"The government is going to bring the Telangana bill in the Rajya Sabha today (Wednesday). They have to ensure that the proceedings of the house are telecast live, otherwise there will be no debate," Prasad told media persons.
"We have also heard that there are no visual and audio recordings of the Lok Sabha proceedings yesterday (Tuesday). So, the BJP wants to know why was it not taken," he added.
The live telecast of the Lok Sabha proceedings was Tuesday disrupted soon after the house started discussing the bill to create a separate Telangana state. An official said the disruption was due to a technical problem.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In India, the cases reached 11.19 million and the death toll stands at 157,656. The country has inoculated more than 20 million in the ongoing vaccination drive.
- The finance department has written to the top brass of various departments, offices and administration to ensure strict compliance to the finance and treasury rules for maintaining fiscal discipline.
- In a letter to Puri king Gajapati Dibya Singha Deb, Union minister for petroleum and natural gas, Dharmendra Pradhan urged him to launch a mass fund collection drive to enable contribution by crores of devotees of Lord Jagannath for the development of the Jagannath Temple heritage corridor.
- Cryptocurrency is, however, not legally banned and the government is in the process of enacting a law on this matter.
- The PM asked the three services to rid themselves of legacy systems and practices that are no longer relevant.
- According to the police, some young men were dancing at the DJ night in a wedding ceremony, during which one of the accused pointed the pistol at the forehead of another youth.