Pooches go potty in old age
Dogs also suffer from age related illnesses according to researchers, who claim that they may go mad in their old age.
A survey of 1,000 owners revealed that a third of pets aged eight and older become forgetful, bad tempered or do not know where they are: all major signs of "cognitive dysfunction".
Other behavioural changes could include disrupted sleep patterns, disorientation, changes to toilet habits and even hostility.
Sarah Heath, a leading animal behaviour expert, said: "Pets, and particularly dogs, over eight years of age are more likely to start displaying signs of cognitive decline, which can result in them becoming less sociable with familiar people and animals and appearing disorientated within their own homes or out on familiar walks.
"Cats can also suffer from age-related brain changes and owners of old cats should also look out for behavioural changes in their pets.
"Although these signs can be similar to symptoms of Alzheimer's in humans, many pet owners do not often recognise it in their animals," she added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Addressing the concluding session of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state president K Surendran’s “Vijay Yatra” in the state capital, Shah posed five questions to the CM.
- Addressing a state conference for its cadres on the outskirts of Trichy, Stalin said a DMK government will give ₹1,000 every month to housewives and create a million jobs every month.
- The meeting came a week after Tewari and other letter writers, the group has been tagged the G23, addressed a meeting in Jammu in honour of retired MP Ghulam Nabi Azad.
- In Tamil Nadu, the Congress is in alliance with the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagham (DMK).
- The observations from the Union health ministry come a day after the country reported the largest single-day increase in new Covid-19 infections in two months.
- Smriti Irani says, "I’m the only female politician who’s also recognised by her former vocation. I recognise the bias in that."
- An official said that both Houses could meet at 11 am from the second week following the vaccination of eligible MPs.
- A suicide note found at the spot said they took the decision because of acute financial distress, an official said.
- The changes have been opposed by some states who see it as another attempt by the Centre to take over mining auctions and impose central rules on a state domain.
- A re-invigorated biodiversity management policy is India’s survival strategy. At this point in our development trajectory, we don’t pay any heed to either biodiversity or landscape conservation.
- According to Forest Survey of India’s forest fire alert system, there were 2,317 fire points last year between February 26 and March 7, but the figure rose to 53,211 this time after data from the Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (SNPP) was taken into account.