Ranchi mom kills 5-yr-old’s ‘rapist’, says no regrets
A woman on Sunday bludgeoned her neighbour to death with an iron rod for allegedly raping her five-year-old daughter. The incident took place in Jharkhand's capital Ranchi.
The woman, in her mid-30s, has been detained by the police. Defiant, she told journalists, "Beti ka rape kiya, maine usko mara... kya galat kiya? (He raped my daughter, I killed him... what's wrong in it?)"
The woman attacked Arjun Tamba, 23, in the wee hours of Sunday, a day after he allegedly lured her daughter to a desolate field nearby and raped her. Tamba's body was recovered near his house in Hatia area.
Tamba was strolling outside his house when the child's mother attacked him. Locals informed the police about the incident. The body was sent for post-mortem.
"Last night, my daughter complained of pain in her private parts. She told me about the incident," the woman said. According to her, Tamba had lured away her child by offering a chocolate.
"The child was sent to a hospital for medical examination," said the officer-in-charge of the police station where separate rape and murder cases have been registered. He added the woman had admitted to killing Tamba.
On being questioned, the child told a deputy superintendent of police that Tamba had assaulted her. "From what she told me, it appears Tamba raped her. We are waiting for the medical report."
The police have registered one FIR on the complaint of the child's father and the other on the complaint of Tamba's brother.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Haryana's new law provides reservation for local people in private sector jobs with a monthly salary of less than ₹50,000 for 10 years
- The NIA has not ruled out the possibility of the involvement Bangladeshi terror outfit JMB into the bomb attack.
- In an interview, Rahul Gandhi had said that the Emergency imposed during the regime of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was a mistake.
- One of the infected students who took the first dose of the vaccine early last month, died at Begusarai on March 1, after testing positive for SARS CoV-2 on February 25.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- The IAF contingent arrived in Colombo on February 27. The Suryakiran Aerobatic Team had taken part in the SLAF’s golden jubilee celebrations two decades ago.
- At least eight policemen were injured in the two-hour mayhem that began around 9.30 am.
- Bharat Biotech developed the country’s first indigenous vaccine, Covaxin, in partnership with ICMR.