Sony unveils new LCD TV models
Sony India Pvt Ltd aims to capture 30 per cent of the LCD TV market share this year. The LCD TV market is estimated at 10,00,000 units this year of which Sony occupies a quarter of the market share.
The company introduced new models in its Bravia range of LCDs that boast of features such as superior picture resolution (high definition support that reflects up to 2 million pixels on the screen) and connectivity feature that allows users to link up the TV with devices like camcorders and DVD players. “Many players in India will be getting into the high definition content space this year and that is why we are betting on the category,” said Masaru Tamagawa, Managing Director at Sony India.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Shiv Sena which is a marginal force in West Bengal, is aiming to punch much above its weight.
- I&B ministry summons Amazon Prime officials in India over controversy around web series ‘Tandav’, reports ANI
- HT had reported on Wednesday that the panel was mulling the decision in the wake of the privacy concerns surrounding WhatsApp’s new policy.
- Chinar Corps commander Lt Gen BS Raju said the Line of Control remains fairly active because of Pakistan's attempts to push in terrorists.
- The Delhi Police in its application seeking injunction against farmers taking out a tractor rally had said that the tractor rally could cause law and order problems and embarrass the country.