True Heroes Award Terms and Conditions
True Heroes Award Terms and Conditionsindia Updated: Jan 11, 2011 12:29 IST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions (Hereinafter referred to as the "General Rules") are applicable to the Participants/Contestants of true Heroes Award "(Hereinafter referred to as the "Award") promoted / organized by M/s HT Media Ltd. (Hereinafter referred to as HTML). The rules can be amended or veried from time to time by HTML.
1. Award is open for the residents of Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, J&K and HP who have done some act of bravery/exemplary work.
2. To participate, the residents will have to send their entries as per the format communicated in the newspaper,endorsed by local panchayat/local authority for authentication.
3. The entries should sent to Dinesh Bali, Hindustan Times, SCO-6, IInd Floor, Sector 17-E Chandigarh latest by 26th January, 2011 or sent by email to email@example.com
4. Only those entries, which are received by HTML, shall be considered for the Award and HTML shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries.
5. HTML shall not be responsible for alteration or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control.
6. HTML cannot be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any of the third parties involved in the Award.
7. HTML reserves the right without prior notice to access, read preserves and/or disclose the personal information of the user if the same is required in connection with this award.
8. Shortlisted entries would be discussed and debated by the expert jury members and finally 10 True Heroes from the Region will be selected.
9. Decision of HTML with respect to selection of awardees shall be final and binding upon the participants/awardees.
10. Only the awardees shall be informed by HTML and the details shall be sent via MOBILE Number provided at the time of registration for the award. Non-receiving of calls shall result in disqualification and selection of an alternate awardee.
11. The awardees would be informed by a phone call/post/courier by 29th January, 2011 and shall be given the award at a Special award function organized by HTML at the informed date and time.
12. The awardees shall be required to produce/submit photo identity/address proof as and when required by HTML. The awardees may be required to sign the Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/awardees shall be disqualified immediately from the contest.
13. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the award on the due date for the respective Awards, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing awardees of the respective award arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business.
14. HTML holds no responsibility or liability in case HTML is unable to inform the awardee of his/her award due to non availability / wrong number or any other reason within a period of 30 days from holding of the event, having made despite the best efforts. In such a case HTML shall not be liable to proof the efforts made in this regard.
15. The awardee is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
16. Award shall not be substituted for cash, either in whole or in part, at any stage of the Contest. The Award shall be non negotiable and non transferable.
17. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the awardee while availing the Award.
18. In the event of any awardee choosing not to accept the Award, HTML shall have the absolute discretion deal with such award as it deems fit.
19. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/awardees waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the contest.
20. Participants/awardees may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/awardees.
21. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/awardee`s name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
22. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the award is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.
23. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/awardee if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/awardee has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the award, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
25. The Award shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the Award and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the proceedings of such arbitration shall be in English Language only.
26. Incase of any dispute w.r.t the act of bravery/exemplary work shall be solely dealt by the participant and HTML shall have no responsibility of any nature of the same at any time whatsoever.
27. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
28. HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
29. Participation in the Award implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.
First Published: Jan 10, 2011 13:59 IST