West Zone 313 for 7 in Vizzy Trophy; East Zone all out for 183
East Zone were all out for 183 on the opening day of the Vizzy Trophy match against North Zone here on Saturday.
In reply, North Zone slammed 57 without loss in 17 overs by the end of the day.
For East Zone, Suman Lodh was the main scorer with 45 runs followed by Sachin Parsad with 38, Atul Sharma 34 and Amit Mishra 22.
Gaurav Gambhir took five wickets for 56 while Rahul Sharma grabbed three for 42.
For North Zone, Manish Bhatia was batting on 32 with six fours while Nitin Shrivastva was not out with three fours in his 22.
In the match between West Zone and South Zone at the Guru Nanak Dev University campus, the former were on 313 for seven at close.
Bipan Waghela scored 109, Ashutosh Sawnar 58 and Deepindra Singh 61 not out. Anwar Khan took four wickets for 79.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On February 23, a Maoist camp was destroyed and an ambush against security forces was foiled by police in Gadchiroli district.
- Centre releases 2020 ‘Ease of Living Index’, experts cite women safety, transportation to explain outcome
- A single-phase election to 234 assembly seats is scheduled for April 6 in Tamil Nadu.
- The protesting farmers will block the six-lane Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway for five hours, from 11 am to till 4 pm, Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) announced on Wednesday.
- Former Goa CM and BJP stalwart Manohar Parrikar's son Utpal admitted he was breaking ranks with the party but stopped short of saying he was rebelling.