Mamata Banerjee announces major rejig in TMC ahead of 2021 Bengal polls: Report
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Thursday announced a major reshuffle in the party’s organisation as she gave leadership roles to younger and new faces with an eye on next year’s assembly elections in West Bengal, party sources said.
At a meeting of the party, Banerjee announced a new state committee with 21 members in it and a seven-member core panel, they said.
Besides, the presidents of several districts, including Howrah, Coochbehar, Purulia, Nadia, Jhargram and South Dinajpur have been removed, a senior party leader said.
New and younger faces such as Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Partha Pratim Roy, Gurupad Tudu and Mahua Moitra have been given charge of these districts, the sources said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- According to CBI officials privy to the development, Rujira was questioned for around an hour.
- Bengal BJP leader Rakesh Singh has been told to appear before Kolkata police's detective department on Tuesday
- The CBI on Monday questioned Banerjee’s nephew and TMC leader Abhishek Banerjee's sister-in-law in a coal scam case.
- The CBI served notice to Trinamool TMC Lok Sabha member Abhishek Banerjee's wife for questioning in connection with the coal smuggling case.
- The agency sought to serve notice to his wife for questioning in connection with the coal smuggling case.