11 railway stations of UP to get makeover akin to airports
Eleven railway stations in Uttar Pradesh, including Allahabad, are among the 90 stations selected countrywide that would be developed on the lines of airports, said chief public relations officer, NCR GK Bansal.
Of these 11, three comes under jurisdiction of North Central Railway (NCR) including Allahabad junction, Mathura and Jhansi. The other eight are Lucknow junction, Gomti Nagar, Varanasi Junction, Varanasi City, Ayodhya, Mughalsarai, Gorakhpur and Izzat Nagar.
The railways will equip these stations with world class facilities as available in most airports, union railway minister Piyush Goyal had recently said via a tweet.
“The railways has shortlisted these stations to be developed like airports after observing their potential and significance for passengers. These stations will be equipped with shopping malls, advance waiting lounges, eateries, cab facilities, single-window helping booth, wi-fi etc with greenery all around,” Bansal said.
The architecture of some stations/buildings could be changed according to the archeological or religious importance of the city, he said.
Bansal said Allahabad junction that has 10 platforms will be equipped with down escalators for the convenience of passengers. Presently, it has four up escalators. Of these, three are at Civil Lines side and one at city side.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An excise department official said that besides checking suspicious dhabas along the highways, the stock available at excise shops will be verified in the drive against illicit liquor trade.
- The Muslim population in UP is 17-19%, but their share in the benefits of welfare schemes is 30-35%,” claimed the chief minister.
- The girl’s body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the report is awaited.
- IndiGo said the passenger could not be revived and was declared dead on arrival by the airport medical team
- The court observed that there was a possibility that the mother could be convicted and the adverse impact of the event, if it were to come to pass, would far outweigh the transitory benefit the minor would derive from her mother's care and company.
- The new BJP office in Varanasi was built in about two year’s time at an estimated cost of around ₹6 crore, said a party leader.
- In a tweet, Akhilesh said that shifting of the lions was an attempt to kill the tourism industry in Etawah.