Doctors remove iron rod that pierced through UP man’s neck and came out of mouth
An 18-cm-long iron railing weighing around 2.5 kg pierced through the neck and came out of the mouth of a 24-year-old youth, Mohd Konan, when he met with a road accident in Gomti Nagar on Thursday evening.
The cops cut the piece of iron and brought the injured man to the KGMU Trauma Centre, where doctors of trauma surgery department successfully removed the rod in a two-hour long operation.
“Though the iron rod has been removed successfully, the patient is serious and under observation,” said Dr Samir Misra, who led the surgical team.
The team including Dr Yadvendra Singh, Dr U Singh and Dr Devanshu (junior resident) conducted the operation. The doctors said that as per the details from the cops, the man was speeding on his motorcycle when the accident took place and he fell upon the iron fencing.
This resulted in the piece of iron piercing his neck. The police managed to cut the iron rod to free him from the fencing. When he came to the trauma centre, one end of the iron was coming out of his mouth.
“We have removed the iron rod and now the patient is under observation for the next 24 hours, after which further decision will be taken,” said Misra.
He said that the manner in which the iron had pierced the body it appears the man was riding the vehicle at high speed and could not control the vehicle when the accident took place. Timely action though made the surgery successful.
BUT PATIENT CRITICAL
Doctors said as per details from cops, the man was speeding on his motorcycle when the accident took place and he fell upon the iron fencing.
This resulted in the piece of iron piercing his neck. The police managed to cut the iron rod to free him from the fencing.
When he came to the trauma centre, one end of the iron was coming out of his mouth.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The order to lift the ban was issued after chief minister Yogi Adityanath approved a proposal to this effect on Monday, sources said.
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.
- The quick acceptance of his application for voluntary retirement has started a buzz in the BJP circles that Sharma may be sent to the Legislative Council in Uttar Pradesh.
- While currently nine domestic flights operate from Gorakhpur to all major cities of the country, an international flight from the newly-constructed Kushinagar airport will also commence soon, said the CM