Eid al-Adha 2018 quotes, messages, images to share on WhatsApp and Facebook
Eid al-Adha 2018: August 21 and 22 will mark Bakra Eid or Eid al-Adha, one of the holiest festivals in Islam. Here are some of the best quotes, messages and images to share with your family and friends. You can post these on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.more lifestyle Updated: Aug 21, 2018 08:44 IST
Eid al-Adha marks the end of the annual pilgrimage of Hajj and is considered to be one of the holiest festivals in Islam.
Festival dates are determined by the sighting of the moon and the lunar calendar. This year, Eid al-Adha will be celebrated on August 21 and 22.
It translates to ‘festival of the sacrifice’, and refers to Abraham or Ibrahim who was ready to sacrifice the life of his son at the command of Allah. After testing Abraham’s devotion, God switched the object of his sacrifice to a sheep. This is why the day is called as Bakra Eid.
Muslims symbolically sacrifice goats and other animals to pay respect to Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son. The meat is distributed among friends and family.
Here are some of the best messages and quotes that you can share with family and friends to mark the occasion:
* As you offer your prayers on Eid-ul-Adha, I hope that the true spirit of this auspicious occasion fills your heart with happiness and good cheer. Have a blessed Eid-ul-Adha.
* May Allah shower countless blessings upon you and your family. Keep me in your prayers. Happy Eid al-Adha 2018.
* May your plate of life be full of sweet sewaiyyan topped with nuts of happiness. May you have a happy Eid.
* I wish you a very happy and peaceful Eid ul Adha. May Allah accept your good deeds, forgive your transgressions and sins and ease the suffering of all people around the globe. Happy Bakra Eid.
* Peace, blessings, faith…May the blessings of Allah be with you. Eid Mubarak.
* I wish Allah always
Guides you to the right path
And blesses you with his
Kindness and love
* May the auspicious occasion of Eid bless you with peace and bring joy to your heart and home.
Here are some images that you can share on social media:
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 21, 2018 08:41 IST