By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON JUL 19, 2021 01:21 PM IST
- Hajj 2021: Here’s all you need to know about the date, history and significance of the Muslims pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia and the importance of the Day of Arafah ahead of Eid-ul-Adha or Bakra Eid
PUBLISHED ON JUL 19, 2021 01:05 PM IST
Just 60,000 people, all citizens or residents of Saudi Arabia, have been selected to take part in this year's hajj, with foreign pilgrims again barred.
UPDATED ON JUL 19, 2021 03:28 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUL 17, 2021 11:03 PM IST
- Saudi Arabia is allowing only 60,000 fully vaccinated residents to take part, seeking to repeat last year's success that saw no virus outbreak during the five-day ritual.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON JUL 11, 2021 08:44 PM IST
- Eid-ul-Adha 2021 moon sighting highlights: India sights the crescent moon of Zul Hijjah/Dhu al-Hijjah to mark the ‘Feast of Sacrifice’ or Bakra Eid after the Day of Arafah. Here's when Hajj in Saudi Arabia will take place and when Muslims in India will celebrate Eid al-Adha
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON JUL 09, 2021 12:42 PM IST
- Eid-ul-Adha 2021: Know all about when Muslims in Saudi Arabia, India, UAE and other countries will celebrate the ‘Feast of Sacrifice’ or Bakra Eid in the month of Zul Hijjah/Dhu al-Hijjah
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 12, 2021 07:02 PM IST
- The health ministry of Saudi Arabia pointed out that Covid-19 shots from Pfizer Inc., Astrazeneca Plc., Moderna Inc. and Johnson & Johnson will be considered valid.
UPDATED ON JUN 12, 2021 04:25 PM IST
In last year's hajj, as few as 1,000 people already residing in Saudi Arabia were selected to take part in the hajj.
Mecca, Saudi Arabia | By Agence France-Presse | Posted by Niyati Singh
UPDATED ON AUG 02, 2020 10:19 PM IST
Muslim pilgrims circled Islam’s holiest site along socially distanced paths Sunday in the final ritual of the hajj, the smallest in modern history as Saudi authorities sought to prevent a coronavirus outbreak.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates | By Associated Press | Posted by Arpan Rai
PUBLISHED ON JUL 27, 2020 08:21 PM IST
The hajj, which begins on Wednesday, normally draws around 2.5 million people for five intense days of worship in one of the world’s largest gatherings of people from around the world.
Mecca, Saudi Arabia | By Agence France-Presse | Posted by Prashasti Singh
UPDATED ON JUL 27, 2020 10:08 AM IST
Up to 10,000 people residing in the kingdom will participate in the Muslim ritual, a tiny fraction of the 2.5 million that attended last year, after what many saw as an opaque selection process that left a wave of applicants rejected.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates | By Associated Press | Posted by Kanishka Sarkar
UPDATED ON JUN 23, 2020 06:16 AM IST
Saudi Arabia has never cancelled the hajj in the nearly 90 years since the country was founded. The government said its decision to drastically limit the number of pilgrims was aimed at preserving global public health due to the lack of a vaccine for the coronavirus disease.
Mina | By Agence France-Presse
UPDATED ON AUG 14, 2019 10:04 AM IST
The hajj pilgrimage underway in Mecca has been accelerating the growth of digital worship and spawning a slew of religious apps, tablet Korans and faith-based gadgets.
Hindustan Times | By HT Correspondent
UPDATED ON AUG 21, 2018 08:44 AM IST
Eid al-Adha 2018: August 21 and 22 will mark Bakra Eid or Eid al-Adha, one of the holiest festivals in Islam. Here are some of the best quotes, messages and images to share with your family and friends. You can post these on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Jeddah | By Press Trust of India
UPDATED ON AUG 19, 2018 08:03 PM IST
A record 1,75,025 Muslims from India are going to Haj this year. More than 47 per cent of the total number of pilgrims going for Haj this year are women, which is the highest ever representation of women in Haj from India.